Saturday, January 24, 2009

Unit 1: Post 3 (January 24, 2009)

Local spaces I am a member of...well, there are several. First, I am a member of TCU. TCU is a very diverse space and can be broken down into many different individual spaces. One of these spaces I belong to would be Speech Pathology in the Miller Speech and Hearing Clinic where I spend the majority of my existence. It seems like I am either in classes there, or going there for language labs, or going there to observe as a junior clinician. Essentially, it is my second home.

Another space of which I am a member is that of Eta Iota Sigma, the Christian sorority here on campus. I love that group of girls. They are basically family to me. I know that I can always find someone to trust or even a shoulder to cry on. They are there whenever you need them for whatever reason. I know that my college experience would be very different (in a bad way) had I not joined them.

One space on campus that I love is KinderFrogs. Those kids are so amazing! I mainly work with the four year olds, but I have had experience with the younger ones as well. They are the exact representation of the children I want to work with as a speech pathologist. Just spending time with them makes me so happy. They are very loving kids who only want love in return. I don't think I've ever gotten through a visit there without a hug from one of them. They are so innocent and wear their emotions plainly on their faces. Of all the spaces I consider myself a member of, my favorite one would have to be KinderFrogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment