Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Unit 1: Post 4 (January 27, 2009)

KinderFrogs is the local space that I wish to analyze as my public space. I feel that this space suits me perfectly. I wish to work with children and especially those with special needs such as Downs Syndrome. The kiddos at KinderFrogs are just like the children I'd work with as a Speech-Language Pathologist. Observing these children in this environment will prepare me for my job.

I have scheduled time in my planner to observe Wednesday at around 1:00, Thursday around 1:00, and Friday after 11:oo to 1:00 or 1:30. I am quite excited about these observations. I haven't seen the kids for a little while as my schedule is a little crazy this semester. I was able to interact a lot more with them last semester and even more my Freshman year.

I believe that this space is a great environment for children. This space is really quite unique as it is part of the University and is one of few special needs schools like it. The audiences that are affected by this space include the children as well as their parents. These kids are very unique and are in an environment that promotes their learning and social interaction.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you chose Kinderfrogs because it means something to you specifically. I was thinking about doing Kinderfrogs for the same reasons. It seems like you are on the right track connecting it to your experiences with a public space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, This sounds like a very interesting topic, especially (as Tara pointed out) because of the personal interest for you. The two audiences you mention should help you really explore the importance of audience in relation to the rhetoric at Kinderfrogs. For example, how do the the rhetorical strategies differ based on the intended audience (parents or kids)? The proposal looks good, but you may want to consider observing at a time when parents will be there (picking up kids, etc.) to see the effect of the rhetoric on them too.

    ReplyDelete