Monday, April 27, 2009

Unit 3: Post 24 (April 27, 2009)

Author's Note: Portfolio

My topic was on the expansion of Hwy 29 in Georgetown, TX and its affect on my home and the beautiful environment around it. The letter to the editor focused on an article I found dealing with the proposed expansions, it literally was the only article I could find dealing with my topic. My main things I pointed out were the faulty information included in the article and also the lack of information on how this expansion would affect the Hill Country environment. The op-ed was written with the idea in mind of getting people to feel connected to the problem and to try and convince them to speak with their congressman and county commissioners. I really wanted to appeal to their ethos and their pathos. A lot of people are losing their homes...I wanted this fact to be known. This ties in to the humorous argument I did. I depicted a bulldozer representing the construction people and those that wish to destroy this scenic view surrounded by a circle of giants that depicts the people that live in this area. They are saying "We are More" in order to convey that we do outnumber those that want to destroy the Hill Country. This is the second doing of my humorous argument. The first one was even less humorous, but it did show pictures of the area that is in jeaporady and I really wanted to include that...

No comments:

Post a Comment