Monday, March 2, 2009

Unit 2: Post 12 (March 2, 2009)

I love my topic even more after all of my research. Autism has always fascinated me and I am super excited that I am learning more about this disorder. I particularly liked researching the vaccine causes of autism as I watched the Drs episode that delt with this topic. The debate on the show was quite intense as were the responses that the message board had. I honestly am not sure whether I think vaccines are responsible for this increase in the prevalence of autism. The mothers of some of the kids said that their children regressed into autism within days of the vaccines. One described it as "[losing] her child to autsim." The fact that the Federal Court of Claims ruled that vaccines didn't cause the autism in three cases brought before them did start doubt in my mind.

I was worried at first on how these Toulmin charts would turn out, but after finishing them I am glad. They weren't that difficult and it really helped me process more about the sources by having to fill out the charts. I especially found the bottom level with possible claims of rebuttal to be the most helpful. It is a good thing to have to try and debunk what your source says.

No comments:

Post a Comment