Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Unit 2: Post 16 (March 25, 2009)

Author's Note on Final Portfolio:

This is my final draft of the essay on the causes of Autism. My essay reads like I wanted it to and now that I have the minor issue with the parenthetical citation for the message board fixed, it is done. Based on the feedback I received from my group, I believe that this essay is pretty decent. Whether it's an A or not, I have no idea. I know that I put my best effort into it and that is enough for me. The only main concern I have is the fact that it is still a bit over the page limit so I know I'll get hit for those points. I just couldn't figure out how to change the wording used. I get that more concise language would have put it within the page limit, but then I would have lost the voice and feel that I wanted to establish.

The rest of the portfolio should be great. I have kept up with each of the assignments so I don't anticipate losing points on the rest of the portfolio. Hopefully, the good daily grades from the rest of the portfolio will make up for those points lost on the main essay because of its length. That is my ultimate hope. Overall, this portfolio is one of my favorites and one that I have put a lot of work into. It'd be nice if that work were to pay off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment